Myabe new skimmer

Nov 15, 2005
Port Dover Ontario
ok i now your all gunna say told ya so but let me tell you first ok i have th so called crappy seaclone 100 protein skimmer and i had the cyano algae so i added the remover for the cyano which worked incredible no more of that but the filter was still covered in it so i took it out cleaned it all then seet it up again i turned it on and it starts blowing trillions of mini air bubbles into the tank. i looke dat the manual and it said it mite do thatif you add certain chemicals thoough it didnt say the stuff i used i thought it must be that so it said close the air in take valve for one day then it shud work so i di that for a day still bubles then it said unplug if that didnt work so i did that still bubbles so i thought maybe if i leave it a little longer so for the last 5 days ive checked it and every time bubbles. So on friday i am going to the pet store i know what you guys shud say i shud get a new one but do you think i shud get another seaclone see if it works or just get a new one if so what kind thxs and if you can dont say i told you so becuz now i believe you and im srry:p

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
get an aqua c remora, dont get another seaclone, count your self lucky that all it did was dump bubbles into your tank. spend some money on a skimmer, think about it in the first place, if you had put the money you spent on the seaclone towards a good skimmer you never would have had this problem....oh yea...and I told you so.

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Other alternatives are a CPR bakpak (queiter, but less efficvient, but still good, or an aqua medic. There are some other brands you might see come up 2nd hand, so if anything looks good locally ask around for advice

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
try ebay. you may get one there cheaper....a little research about equipment before purchases tends to reduce the waste in an already pricey hobby........