mystery/sixline

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
should be picking up a mystery wrasse from a fellow reefer hopfully this weekend and im wondering if i shoud try and catch my sixline? i kno some people have aggression problems with sixlines but ive never had that problem with mine.... i dont know if its cause i have it in a 6' tank or what.... i kno itll be a PITA trying to catch it so im hoping it doesnt come to that *crazysmil i guess ill see how it goes and if i have to ill set a trap

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
My 6line is an awsome fish.. Super nice! Everyone says how mean they are, I musta got the best 1 outta the bunch lol.. It was my 1st fish in the tank and so far ive added 2 more and it hasn't really messed with either 1.. I remember trying to catch a fish in my 150.. It sucked! I would probably just leave it in if it was me and just watch and see how it reacts with another wrase in the tank but that's just me.. Post some pics when ya get the fish!

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
I agree with a 6' tank you have a better chance of there not being too many issues. I have a 6 line who doesn't bother anyone until you put in another wrasse, then all hell breaks loose......so keep your eyes out for any aggression. It may be easier to try and catch him now rather than later and then try introducing them later

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
the guy im getting the mystery from is guna try n catch it either tonite or tommorow so when he does ill be going to pick it up ASAP :D i think ill try and set a trap and see if i can catch the sixline just in case cause i dont wanna spend all this money on a fish thats guna get harassed ya kno? btw im paying $110 for the mystery wrasse and hes guna throw in a pink mille frag and another green acro to sweeten the deal alittle ;)

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
oh and if i can catch the sixline before this guy calls then i already have someone who wants to buy it (not guna chance trying to reintroduce it later) but if i cant catch it i guess ill just have to see how it goes

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
I bet...... well you can always take a lesson from Jim on how he lost his 6 line....funny you can't get them to jump or catch them when you want them to, figures.

Jun 29, 2008
PA
haah..try and suck him out of the tank... I had a SOuth American PUffer get sucked into my siphon tube and he took a little trip into my 'old water' bucket. thankfully i got him back without any issues!!

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
well after a 2 hr drip than 15 min float i released the mystery wrasse and as soon as the sixline seen him he chase him around the tank for a minute but than backed off... the mystery wrasse ended up finding himself a spot on one side of the tank and the sixline swam over there but didnt seem to bother him anymore but than 5 minutes later the lights shut off so ill have to wait till tommorow evening when i get home from work to observe them some more! i think theyll get over it tho IME .... when i got the blue jaw trigger my tangs were beating him up pretty badley for the first day or 2 but now youd never kno so only time will tell

the current stocking list is:
large hippo tang
med-large purple tang
med blue throat trigger
pair of percs
sixline wrasse
mystery wrasse
yellow watchman goby

i may add another small fish or 2 (anthias or something) but thats pretty much it ;)

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
oh and unlike every other fish i add that usually goes right into hiding this wrasse came right out in the open from the first minute in the tank so it shouldnt be hard to snap a pic or 2 in the next few days ;)

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
so far so good with the sixline/mystery now im just worried about my cleaner shrimp lol ... he hasnt touched it yet but they are known for eating small ornimental shrimp so i feel bad just throwing him in a hoping for the best :/ also he keeps hanging out by one of my clams which has a little part that looks like it might have been nipped so ill have to keep an eye on that aswell ;)

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
mystery wrasses are great at eating pyramidellidea snails that are often on clams and are deadly pests so if you see it nipping it may be eating these if they are evident.....which hopefully are not t here.