Names

Stevie

Large Fish
Apr 2, 2005
Sunny Ireland.
I have named some of them,but I always tought I was a bit sad for doing it :)
I could under stand if someone one large fish like a red tail catfish,they would name it,but if you have 50 neon's,naming the is not really an option. :D

derajer

Large Fish
Mar 16, 2005
Ankeny, Iowa
I named all of my neons and all of my danios when I had them. I called the neons George and the Danios Foreman.

(For those of you who don't know George Foreman named all of his kids George)

Mar 14, 2005
Vacaville, CA
www.gotpitbull.com
I name the ones that have some personality.

I have "Popeye" becade well he had pop-eye, but he ate his spinage and got good and strong.

The crab that died was "Kermit the crab" well you can see the reason on that one.

And my hillstream loach is "Harley" because he moves like the Harlem shakers!!

phOOey

Superstar Fish
Oct 31, 2003
Nottingham, UK
the only fish i've names has been a betta called 'murray', my salvin's cichlid is known as 'chaz the spaz', and one zebra danio called 'Mr. Wibble' because of the way he swam

Mar 30, 2005
I'll admit...I have named a couple of my fish...
My tank consists of 2 tiger barbs, 1 albino barb, 1 red tailed shark, 1 oticinclus, 2 black skirt tetras, 1 mixed fruit tetra, and 1 plecostomous.
I named one of my tiger barbs Fat B@st@rd, as she has appeared to ~plump~ up nicely...double the size of the other tiger barb I got at the same time.
And I named the albino barb....B!t(hy Barb, as he is the most aggressive fish in the tank!!
Hmmm....not exactly PC, but hey....it's all good :-D

f8fan

MFT Staff
Nov 19, 2004
Bangor, Maine
The only fish I have named is my betta...the former general manager of the restaurant I work at was named "Zobeita" Zow-bey-tah so that's what I named my betta since he is in my office at work :)

denimous

Large Fish
May 18, 2003
sunny california
Visit site
I've named almost all my fish...I have refrained from naming fish when I first get them, just in case they aren't so hardy and die.

My school were a collective William & Perrys from the television show Home Movies. Whichever rasbora is the biggest is William, and the rest are Perrys...that way if I add more to the school or if a few die, I don't have to rename them. Unfortunately, when the whole lot of them save one died, he had to be Willam & Perry. (There will be new Perrys soon!)

I have have three rummynose my friend named Belldandy, Urd, and Skuld (from Ah! My Goddess anime)...I'm surprised at how happy my friends are when I offer to let them name a fish. They feel honored...I just hope for their sakes that those fish don't die.

My betta is named Turbo, same color as my bf's car (burnt orange & black)...but better bc its turbo'd...muahahaha.

Apr 22, 2003
NYC
shellvergel.blogspot.con
Heh, as much as I tried naming my fish before, I could hardly ever remember any names I've given them. But then I've got some three-year-old tiger barbs (which are all distinct enough to tell apart easily, and therefore have the potential for having names) and I never bothered naming them in those years.

My first betta was called Voltaire. Currently, I've got one named Phoebus. And my boyfriend has a betta named Bacon :p