Nano cube Deluxe model?

Grymatta

Large Fish
May 16, 2005
does anyone have the Nano cube deluxe model..the one with the LED lights?

I just got a 12 gal nano deluxe cube and when I turned on the LED Night Vu lights they looked kinda wimpy. They are just 2 little LEDS...dont produce much lighting at all. Wondering if mine are broken?

thanks

chichian

Medium Fish
Jun 17, 2005
Las Vegas, NV, USA
I don't have the nano cube you're talking about, but I do have a lighting system that uses blue LEDs for night viewing also. Mine are pretty "wimpy" too. I think that is just the limitation of having 3/4-watt to 1-watt LEDs trying to pentrate water... I don't think yours are broken if they are turning on. I also may think the weak lighting is by design as to not disturb the fish if they were brighter, but I'm not sure.

Grymatta

Large Fish
May 16, 2005
yeah..i just called the customer rep and they said that it is supposed to be weak. I told them that the catalogs the LEDS appear as really bright and they said it was just advertising. heh.

Grymatta

Large Fish
May 16, 2005
Ok..now my LED lights just completely died. Actually I couldnt find a power cord for them in my Nano cube so I'm thinking that they are battery powered? or hooked up to the main light fixtures.

Funny cause I had the LEDs on last night without any power at all to the tank.

If someone has a Nano Cube..please clarify this for me!

thanks

maybe its powered by the filter :) that would be pretty awesome to have your filter generate electricity for the light but it woulndt be close to enough on the bigger ones... anyways i've seen this realy really nice 1g planted tank with like 4 leds :) it was really nicely planted too but i dont know how powerful his leds were...

Grymatta

Large Fish
May 16, 2005
heh that would be cool! But I doubt it since I had NOTHING plugged in and the LEDS still came on last night. However, I tried it again tonight and its not working. Weird huh? Maybe it had a charge from something else?

yeah those LEDS are pretty wimpy..

Avalon

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Ft. Worth, TX
www.davidressel.com
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the deluxe nano cube has the additional power compact light. We are talking the JBJ cube right?

LED lights for "night viewing" are intended to be dim! They aren't actually for you at all...they are for the fish & critters. Being able to see some stuff is a "perk." Blue LED's are for SW fish and white is usually used for FW. The blue simulates moon light at the depths of coral reefs, while white is used for the shallower depths of FW fish.

Also, your eyes should be allowed to adjust 15-30 minutes in the dark before trying to view the dimly lit tank. That's just the way your eyes work.

Grymatta

Large Fish
May 16, 2005
yeah I have the deluxe JBJ nano cube. The LEDs are blue moonlights for corals and inverts, SW. Except I dont see a power cord for em so I'm trying to figure out what their power source is. They were pretty dim when they were working..so I guess its normal.