Nano Cubes

OCCFan023

Superstar Fish
Jul 29, 2004
New Jersey
Im thinking about asking for a Nano Cube for Christmas. I was wondering if anyone here had one and could tell me if their worth it. I was interested in the 12 gallon nano cube which I saw on JBJ's site. Does anyone know where they have cheap ones online? and information on them would be awsome.

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
I know a few people that have them. They like them a lot sayin they are pretty high quality. The only complaint I have heard is it is kind of difficult to clean the wet/dry on the back. The cheapest I have seen is on Drs.Fosterandsmith for $99.

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
There are new ones that have twice the light (48w) and fans. JBJ also fixed a few minor design things in the hood (so bits of it don't break) and improved the way the filtration system works with only one intake (instead of 2) and an outflow that you can adjust direction on. This may mean the old ones will go down in price or go on sale in some places.

Our LFS has one set up, and it does look nice, the tank seems to have been stable for a good couple of months.

dbacksrat

Superstar Fish
Jun 3, 2003
Glendale, AZ
Visit site
smaller tanks are harder to keep stable though (pH, temperature, etc)...and you can't have as much fish/corals (obviously)...
i think it would look really cool if you just put LR and corals in there...no fish, and maybe one bad@$$ shrimp