Need a bit of help please!!

squidg

Small Fish
Jan 10, 2010
This is hard to explain but here goes...

In Dec 2009 I had 2 mollys -1 black male and 1 female dalmation.
The female was pregnant, but she died in dec 2009 before xmas, before giving birth, she was still fat when dead and no fry were found. So after xmas I got 2 female mollys 1 silver and 1 dalmation. the silver molly died in Jan 2010. dalmation molly still alive.

I also have 2 female swordtails, one is all orange and one is orange with balck fins. The orange swordtail, had some fry, in dec 09 after xmas, but we only saved two, these fry are complettely orange like mum. We put them in a floating baby tank as they were small, she has just had her second lot.

On 29th Jan 2010, I spotted a new fry swimming around freely, now this fry is grey with black spots on it. Now I dont know where this fish has come from at all. or even what it is.

Now since xmas I have done 2 water changes, (i dont seem to have to do one every two weeks water reading great), I had never seen it before, i managed to catch it and put it in the small tank with swordtail fry, and it seems lots smaller than them. I let them out a few weeks ago and the grey fry hides a lot more. I did buy some plants from my fish shop a few months ago, and in the plant tank they had two zebra danios, now not sure if its one of them.

so I have attached some photos for you to see, but as it hides more its hard to get good photos.

i just wanna know if anyone can tell what they think it could be.
Please help.
Thank you

Attachments

squidg

Small Fish
Jan 10, 2010
Do you think she could of given birth to one before she died? or maybe died during giving birth???
It is about ______ that long actual size!!

squidg

Small Fish
Jan 10, 2010
I got two rainbow fish today, got told what they were called but now i have forgotten, i have attched a photo, please tell me what they are called.

Thank you.*BOUNCINGS*thumbsups

Attachments

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
And just because you don't find the fry right away or see her give birth doesn't mean a female hasn't dropped any fry. I assumed that my female marigold variatus and one of my female sunset coral dwarf platies had dropped their fry in my 20gH "Tank of Doom" and that the fry had all been eaten by the other fish. Imagine my incredible surprise when, while tearing down the 20gH to replace it with a 29gal, I came across almost FIFTEEN babies hiding in the gravel! :eek: I caught them and put them in a breeder box, but lost all but two of them. Now, they have a 10gal that they share with two older platy fry (the first two I found when I still had my 46gal bowfront tank set up) and a guppy fry of unknown age and sex.