Need an I.D!

shift_9k

Large Fish
Jul 5, 2005
Chicago
www.duderick.com
What is this? It seems like a three headed something its bright red, almost magenta colored. Growing near the top of the rock. Still very small.

The other thing is this, there are like three of them that I can see. Also i found something very small brownish in color that resembles a ghost shrimp messing around near the bottom of that same rock.

All of these things are on this rock.

The water reads

1.023 sg

0.0 Nitrite/ate

1.0 ppm Ammonia (was at .25 last night)

temp 77-84 having trouble holdin it.

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
isnt the red thing in the first pic just coral line....i have like a thousand of thos in my tank....

not sure about the 3rd pic too blurry.

i got a few of thos brown crustly things on the last pic...was wondering what they were for a while now....

lost my digi cam but will upload pics of mine later.

eva

Large Fish
Oct 18, 2006
burnaby, bc
The red things are foraminiferans...they are filter feeders and completely harmless...the second pic I can't really make it what it is

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
The red things are foraminiferans...they are filter feeders and completely harmless...the second pic I can't really make it what it is

really? i thought they were incrusted coral line...

hey i have a clam thing stuck in my LR too. to me it looks like a common cleaner clam nothing big like maximas.

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
I seriously have no idea how people are making these id's. The pics are too blurry for me to tell what they are. For the first pic, can you get a shot of the whole thing? All I can make out are blurry red sticks. The last pics look lik empty clam shells to me, I had a few in my old ten gallon.

shift_9k

Large Fish
Jul 5, 2005
Chicago
www.duderick.com
Figured I'd bring this one back from the dead instead of posting a new one. Saw some things last night, so I took some shots.

I'll group them, the first pictures you will see are of a worm, what kind I have no idea, reef safe? I have no idea. Take a look:

shift_9k

Large Fish
Jul 5, 2005
Chicago
www.duderick.com
The next one is this worm, much slimmer and much smalled, was picking at my ricordia frag rock, not at the coral just at the rock. Should I be worried? Also these things seem be crawling out on to the sand....dead? That was the first one I saw moving it would peak its head out, stretch towards the rock and then pull back.

dead crap on sand