need an opinion

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
on the new setup im leaning more towards an all snail cleanup crew..... i kno itll work but i wanted to see what you guys thought.. it seems like everytime i target feed the crabs just endup stealing the food before the corals can finish *crazysmil im thinking maybe just like 5 or so crabs in the 125g but im not sure wich is the most reef safe? i have blue leg, scarlett,and the dwarf zebra's which should i keep?

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
If I was setting it up again I would go with all snails and a few brittle/serpent stars. Out of the hermits you do have I would lean towards the scarlets and the blue legs.....

May 6, 2007
Oceanside, Ca
I have Zebras, Striped Legs and Scarlets. None of which affect my corals (softies only) and the scarlets being the most docile of the bunch. My zebras are very aggressive and the stripe legs are moderately aggressive, but no problems where coral is concerned.

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
I have a very strong opinion about hermits. The most useless things in reefing since the skilter. I have owned blue legs and scarlets, bluelegs just sat around and picked at nothing, scarlets picked a little at the rocks. Snails are the best clean up crew I have ever seen, fast and efficient at cleaning the tank, especially turbos. I have seen turbos eat hair and diatoms, and they eat them fast.