NEED HELP! bad looking betta, dont know what happened

Aug 22, 2007
i have a betta its a nice betta it doesnt pick on other fish, i have another fish is a guppy or something or a minnow like thing dont know what it is, and 2 ghost shrimp i got recently, couple days later my betta is beat up, its fins are tore and gone on the top and some of his scales or something is gone on the back of his tail/fin (top) is the ghost shrimp chewing on him or is the other, i have some picks of the fish if you would like to see. i want to know if im guna have to seperate these fish or...i already took my betta out.
please help?!!?:confused:

Last edited:

HMarcks

Large Fish
Aug 20, 2007
Palm Springs
My Beta

I have a beautiful sweet male Beta, I keep him in a community tank with alot of other fish. But no one ever bothers him (I sit and stare at them often) and the most he does is puff up at the coral platys sometimes. I have also come home and seen him looking a bit ragged, a few tears in his fins. I chalked it up to him getting to close to the filters or something. I have also noticed mine likes to sneak into little crevices or hide in some thick folliage sometimes so he might of just got his fin caught on a rock or something. I don't know what really happened but I just kept a close eye on him and he healed up fine. I hope yours is ok and that you find out what other kinds of fish are in your tank, it really helps to know what you are taking care of.
Good Luck