NEED HELP QUICK PLEASE

jamesw

Large Fish
Sep 15, 2006
Surrey, England
I have just bought new tank and waited the time and purchased tiger barbs. i also bought a light but they dont seem very happy when i have it on and seem to shy away. can anyone please tell me the way i am meant to put this light as in what direction i should point the bult.

here is the light

here is my tank

Last edited:
If the fish are new to the tank, you ought to give them 3-4 days to adjust. I bought some rosey barbs for my tank and for the first week I didn't see them very much. It's been about three weeks and now they are all in the front of the tank all the time, begging for food.

So just give your fish a little time.

And as far as light positioning goes, on top of the tank is just fine. Just make sure you give them at least 8 or so hours without the light off a day, because even though fish don't "sleep" they rest in a hypnotic state, and that helps them stay healthy and reduce stress.

Good luck.

JWright

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Snowy Upstate New York
www.cnytheater.com
I deleted the thread that didn't have any replies yet, and merged the other two.

Please post only one thread per topic, and please keep it in the correct forum. The lounge isn't the best place for a thread like this.

Sometimes it takes an hour or two for someone to reply... no need to start multiple threads.