Need help to ID a cory

lauraj

Large Fish
Jan 7, 2007
Sorry to be such a pest.....have started multiple threads with questions.

In a thread I started about something else, I was asked what kind of Cory I had. Didn't know at the time and have researched it, but need help please.

I was thinking he was either a Ambiacus or a C.Agassizi. He has black spots of varying sizes and in no particular partern. There is no black spot at the base of the dorsal fin however. Could he still be one of these I mentioned?

lauraj

Large Fish
Jan 7, 2007
I will check the profiles.......haven't visited that area yet.....still very new to this site.

I read the tutorial on how to post a picture, but haven't tried yet. Also having difficulty getting a good pickture of him. He never stops moving! I'll keep trying.

Thanks!

lauraj

Large Fish
Jan 7, 2007
Checked the profiles. I think what's throwing me off from identifying him, is that most pictures I've seen of many Cories show spots generally the same size and in a pattern of lines of spots. The one I have has spots of all sizes with no pattern to them. Does this sound like a variety anyone is familiar with?

Nov 14, 2006
Fishers, IN
www.myspace.com
It's really hard to ID a cory based on a slightly vague description - there are so many that are SO similiar. But you are right about them being inpossible to photo!! Oh my, it took me forever to get pics of mine for an ID. Again the best bet is a photo and im pretty sure there is a sticky floating around here somewhere on adding a photo or at least a post. Im sure someone will help you!!

Helena21

Superstar Fish
Oct 7, 2005
Essex, England
Turn off the light and leave the room dark for about 15mins,come back get your cam ready, turn on the light and take a pic straight away. The fish are still because they sleep when the light is off so when you turn it back on they won't be moving much as they are still sleeping!.

Thats what i do when i need a good pic of a fast moving fish

lauraj

Large Fish
Jan 7, 2007
My Cory shots

These are not the best quality I know. Without a better camera, not sure I could get any clearer. Is anyone able to ID this cat?

lauraj

Large Fish
Jan 7, 2007
OOps, let me try this again

First time I tried posting a picture....obviously didn't work. Let's try again:mad:

Well, apparently my file exceeds the limit..........have to do more research on this.....I'll be back

lauraj

Large Fish
Jan 7, 2007
Yeah Capslock, I think you're right! The first picture I saw of a peppered cory, back when I first bought it, seemed to have a light salmon color to it. After your post I googled it and found lots of shots that look just like mine. Thanks for helping me solve that mystery!!

lauraj

Large Fish
Jan 7, 2007
Caps, thought I'd ask since you mentioned having 5........once my tank is fully cycled, provided I'm able to keep the one I have alive during the process, would you recommend I get a buddy for mine. I've read they do better in groups. I know I have to keep in mind the small size of my tank though.