NEED QUICK REPLY~~CORAL PLACEMENT

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
OK. I just got a nice piece of Frogspawn and Im not really sure where to place it.....this is what I was thinking:

Here is the piece

And this is the location

eva

Large Fish
Oct 18, 2006
burnaby, bc
Just wedge it in there? In your second pic it looks like there is some room for the frogspawn to slide nicely into it so that the coral will be lying horizontally. i heard frogspawns quite like it in that position

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
yes and they grow quickly when they like where they are at. They don't like really strong flow though so you may want to make sure that it's not blowing it to pieces there....

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
Geuss how much I paid for it???
20 bucks??

ive been eyeing some for a while
1. i just wasnt sure if 260w pc's would be enough
2. its just so expensive my favorite lfs doesnt have it for inder $70 all nice size pieces though. if my lighting is good enough id like to find a frag aswell

btw what type of lighting do u currently have???

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
No I paid a bit more than that. This piece is about 4-5 inches in diameter between all three branches. And the largest branches is about 2 inches wide. I paid $40 for it. I will post a better pic when it fully opens tomorrow. Im using T-5 Lighting.

Feb 6, 2005
Waterloo, ON Canada
Just be wary of it's sweapers getting in contact with any surounding corals as they have a strong sting and can extend out about 6+". I lost parts of a few mushrooms and some montipora before overnight from this a while back.

Oh and TRe: they are only a moderate lighting coral... I have mine under 130W PC... actually was... now it's in my fug waiting to be traded and is only under 28w and is still doing amazing.

Last edited:

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
I have a large piece in my 75 that has not been fully extending for a couple of weeks....still trying to find out what is ticking it off....My alk has been on the low side so I have been boosting it and hope that is the issue...

I got a 2 headed piece for $10 from a local reefer here and put it in my 20g under 65w pc and it has quadrupled in size and now has about 7 heads. They grow quickly when they like their surroundings.