Need RO/DI --

jammerz

Large Fish
Feb 28, 2005
Boise
thats right its time to make the purchase. So whats the best bang for my buck. Iwant and RO/DI doesn't really matter how many gallons per day it does. Would be cool if it hada holding tank ....

Any ideas?

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
Oh and yeah 60 gpd is not really what you will get if there's DI filtering.
Mine is like 100 GPD and it takes me 2-3 h to get 5 gallons ( in winter...cold water takes more time )..and i have good pressure. Friend bought the same unit...same time.

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
well my first 3 stages of RO is super fast, and my system has 2 water output.
5 stages takes longer i guess. The atibacterial filter is really long.
First time i used it i was pissed. Well it's a little bit like skimmers. The volume of water they're supposed to skim is lesser than they claim.

Apr 10, 2005
Booster pump like Aquatec will give you full rated output, and reduce pass-thru solids by 50% (means the filter traps 2x more), less wasted water, even takes out chloramines w/ no residual nitrates. Use it with an electronic water level shutoff. If you have 80psi water pressure and 80F water temp year round, you don't need this, but it increases pressure to about 120psi to maximize the efficiency of the membrane. Its expensive, but will double the output and molecular trap efficiencey. Search words "Aquatec Booster Pump" then also check for electronic level switch on that site.