Need some help!

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
So, I thought I would take another wack at a 10 gallon tank, it will either be a prop tank or frog fish tank. I would love to have the second one, but I dont know alot about frogfish other than they are messy and eat live foods. Is there a certain species i should try to get? Can they be kept with corals such as zoas and rics, if so do they do ok in high light? Do they like alot of flow? How long do they live?

Thanks to anyone who can answer my questions

eva

Large Fish
Oct 18, 2006
burnaby, bc
is a frogfish big enough for a 10g? I saw one at a LFS last month and it was pretty huge...like the size of a softball almost! I guess a juvenile would work tho...or am I thinking of the wrong frogfish?

Sep 12, 2006
Algonquin, IL
i was thinking about doing a small setup for an angler but i never got around to it. i think a wartskin would be ur best bet, although i have seen them priced rather high. some shops sell "colored" anglers, which seem small and i've seen them in white, yellow, red, brown, and black. keep us updated if u decide do this, i like interesting species alot. ur so u cool ram man, lol, anglers and mantis shrimp are such guy livestock. that's the route i wanted to go but my family wanted me to do a happy colorful reef, so i get to have my brackish/marine tank in my room with my moray and puffer lol

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
Antennatus strigatus
Antennatus tuberosus hmm, both look nice.

I ran across a more common species doing research, the wartskin frogfish, 4 inches max. Should be do able in a 10 gallon, I would also have a nano skimmer on the tank to make sure water quality is in check. Tanks for the links matt.

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
im definetly getting an angler, from what i have been reading on Nr they do fine in smaller tanks such as ten and 20 gallons, just gotta keep wate quality up.

Last edited: