Need some new fish to go w/ tomato clown

JETT

New Fish
Jun 5, 2005
I have a 30g saltwater tank that has been running very well for about 6 weeks. The tank has 20lbs of fiji live rock, 1 tomato clown, 1 cleaner shrimp, 1 emerald crab, and 5 blue legged hermit crabs. I had three assorted damsels in the tank that I took back to the LFS. They would never seem to get along(lol). I am looking to add 2 or 3 hardy fish to go along with the tomato clown. Any suggestions? Thanks

Last edited:

JETT

New Fish
Jun 5, 2005
I was thinking about an angel, but what type of angel would be best suited for a 30g? It also needs to be hardy since this is my first saltwater tank. :)

JETT

New Fish
Jun 5, 2005
If you think the clown and angel are going to clash, what types fish would you add to my tank setup? I would like to 2 more fish. thanks

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Lemon peels aren't very reef safw at all, but you never know....

A tomato is a pretty rough fish, so anything really meek might suffer. Having said that, as long as they stay out of it's way most bleenies, gobies would be ok. With an angel you'd have to suck it and see, though they do have the resources to defend themselves. I wouldn't try a flame though.

I find it nearly impossible to tell people what fish to get , as I don't know what they like. Do you like free swimmers, bottom dwellers and so on? I suggest angels as I like them...... in reverse I never suggest cardinals or common clowns, or gobies very often.

JETT

New Fish
Jun 5, 2005
Thanks for the advice. I will be going to the fish store next week, so I will keep you guys posted on how it works out. *twirlysmi

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Dwarf Lion? + Centropyg argi? You'll need a decent skimmer and a liking for water changes though as they have a heavy bioload