need sum help fast!!

RX93

Medium Fish
Sep 25, 2006
my tank has 2 female guppies a male.. 5 zebra dinos.. 2 oto...couple of neon tetra... i just saw a fry swimming across and chased by a dino! now i dunno what happened to the fry... dunno if the zebra dino ate it or not.. my 2 guppies are pregnent but its only been around 2 weeks... im not prepared for this kind of stuff to happen yet but i do have a breeder net in case.. my fry tank is being cycled right now (been 3 weeks already)... could have 1 baby dropped from the guppy abit earlier?

nealio

Large Fish
Aug 23, 2006
Why don’t you just move the two female guppies to the fry tank until they give birth to be on the safe side. Either way you are going to lose a couple fry.

Just keep up with water changes to fight the ammonia/nitrite spikes you might have.

RX93

Medium Fish
Sep 25, 2006
k i put it inside my breeder net for now bcuz im guna put sum plants in it.. and i see 1 fry coming out :) should i still move it to the fry tank? or just wait until shes done then move the fry?

nealio

Large Fish
Aug 23, 2006
I would say it would be easier to move the mothers to be in the fry tank, and take them out once they are done.

Its much easier to move two fish larger fish than a lot of smaller fish ;)