Never had a saltwater aquarium?!

Corydora

Medium Fish
Oct 28, 2003
IL
My boyfriend and I love having fish aquariums. I am a Marine Biology major and I have him interested in fish just as much as I am. We just recently bought a new fish aquairum and I was wondering what kind of fish everybody recomends for a salt water aquarium. I just want a few suggestions to get us started (we've never done the salt water thing). Please give us a few suggestions, they will be greatly appreciated. :)

Corydora

Medium Fish
Oct 28, 2003
IL
I haven't decided on reef yet or not. If you could give some examples of both that would be great. What do you like better? It's only a 55 gallon tank. $$, not a problem, time all my time goes to fish except when I am at school, and yeah, so what do you think?

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
i prefer a reef myself...if you have infinite time and experience you might as well go that way. 55 is a good size to start out with.

before you get involved in it read a whole lot, esp. Fenner's Conscientious Marine Aquarist...

you can always start out with f/o and move to a reef setup if you want to get your feet wet (how many times have we used that pun? lol) but I strongly reccomend researching a lot before you do this...