New 10

OCCFan023

Superstar Fish
Jul 29, 2004
New Jersey
in a 10 your kind of limited on options but that doesnt mean you cant have a awsome tank.

Personally I would look into doing a smal reef with a couple of zoas and the like and a small fish or two. Theres tons of threads that have been started like this and I would suggest reading through the nano section for advice on how to get going.

All I can say is do your research! In a tank that size water quality is going to be difficult so your going to have to know what your doing to avoid any unneeded problems.

RISK2123

Medium Fish
Aug 29, 2006
L.A. Cali
i havent gone into salt yet, but from what ive read and heard from many people is the bigger the tank the better when ur starting out with ur first tank. the slightest water change in a small tank can throw the perams off immensely. im definately not suggesting u dont do it. just be careful and do alot of research on mini-reefs. ive seen awesome 2.5 g mini reefs so a ten could look really nice. i copy and pasted something from one of my friends. its on my home computer and im at work right now. ill try and post it tonight or tomorrow afternoon. theres actually ALOT of inverts u can stick in there. the article gives many suggestions on what to stock it with also so when i can find it ill send it to u. good luck though, i def. want to see some pics when u get it set up!!