NEW 100+ gallon tank setup

m4d1

New Fish
Jan 23, 2010
!I APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE FOR NOOB-NESS AND THE LENGTH OF THIS MSG, YOU MAY CRITIQUE ALL YOU WANT CAUSE I NEED THE HELP!

I think the tank is over 100 gallons, like 112 or so. Anyway I currently have a tank, with water in it >.>; I haven't cycled it yet nor do I have it setup yet. I just have a HOB filter running and and air pump making bubbles, and a powerhead (pump?) going. I was just checking all the equipment to see if it worked and I left them on cause it sounds pretty. The filter is filtering bio stuff, just some foam inserts collecting all the cat hair floating around ( I don't have the hood on the aquarium yet ).

SO... I have another Filter coming through the mail a Marineland Emperor 400, I think the other one is the same thing its just older and doesn't have the bio-wheels. All the equipment I currently have is previously owned btw. And i'll be getting all the other equipment I need within 7 business days. Now for the fish questions (if I missed anything let me know)

I want two peacock eels :) The husband wants oscar(s) and maybe some plecos.
Is that too many fish? will the oscars be ok with the other fish? and would rubber lipped pleco be too small to put with oscars?(I didn't want anything too spiney) If you have any other suggestions on similar fish im up for it!

I've read alot about all those fish and aquariums and alot of stuff @.@ I've had the tank with my imaginary fish in it for like 3 months now, I'm ready to get down to business and finish setup and cycle.

Also should I keep the power head in? I know they are good for dead spots.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! ANY INFORMATION IS EXTREMELY VALUABLE PLEASE TELL ME IF I MISSED ANYTHING OR YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS!

m4d1

New Fish
Jan 23, 2010
thanks! Yeah i read that a couple of different places, 1 oscar or many oscars, but not just a few. And if i only get one oscar then i can spoil it :D

Feb 27, 2009
Can you measure the sides of the tank (length, width, and height), that way you can figure out exactly what size it is?

I would recommend you do a fishless cycle so that you'll be ready for whatever you want to add in the end.

m4d1

New Fish
Jan 23, 2010
Im pretty sure its 48x18x30, And i am definetly going to do a fishless cycle once i get the tank set up!