New 28 gallon bowfront

sclabman

Large Fish
Jan 21, 2007
L.A.
I've decided to take the plunge into Saltwater. I have a 28 gallon bowfront, a HOB filter, heater, powerhead, aragonite sand, and about 15 pounds of live rock in there now. I'm going to do a FOWLR tank for now, maybe a reef after it's completely stabalized.

Anyway, the live rock is curing now in the tank, i have some critters roaming around from it. I'm planning on buying 10 more pounds once i get paid.

I'm looking at fish now for when everything is cycled and ready. My lfs has a fuzzy dwarf lionfish - is this tank size sufficient? What fish do you (with more experience) find the most rewarding?

Also, is a skimmer necessary on a tank this small? Water changes are not a problem as i do them at least once a week on all my tanks.
*SUNSMILE*

Jan 16, 2004
Syracuse, NY
Dwarf fuzzy lions are a cool fish, you could certainly do one in your tank, remember they can eat anything that will fit in their mouths.

A skimmer isnt necessary on a tank that size but you could deffinately do one. Along with water changes it would help out alot if you plan to keep a few fish in that tank.