New 30 Gallon Tank

BettaLove

Large Fish
Jan 19, 2006
I am getting a 30 gallon tank this weekend for my son. He has a 10 gallon right now and in it, he has a Guorami, female Betta, BIG Mystery snail, and a blind fish. What else could he add for the new 30 gallon? I was thinking some bottom feeders, like a couple of catfish. What do you guys think?

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
A shoal of cories would look great in a 30g (you've got room for 5-6 in a 30g, and they'll be more active in a larger group). Is the blind fish a cave tetra? You could add a school of tetras, either more blind ones or a different type. Some cherry barbs also add some nice color to a tank.

MOsborne05

Superstar Fish
Oct 3, 2005
Gibsonburg, OH
I agree about the cory cats, they are awesome little fish! 6 would be a good number. And some more of the same tetras or a different kind, maybe 6 of each. I just got some flame/von rio tetras and they are very cute and add a splash of color to the tank. They are pretty small too, only about 1.5 inches max so you could get more of them. Congrats on the new tank, let us know what you decide :)

BettaLove

Large Fish
Jan 19, 2006
Thanks for your help! I actually was thinking of getting some cories and now, we will definately get some of them and some tetras. I don't know what kind of blind fish he is, but he is all white and about 2 inches in length. He is really cool!