New 55 gallon salt. Need advice.

Jun 21, 2003
Oklahoma City, OK"
Visit site
I was able to purchase a 55 gallon saltwater tank from a buddy of mine for $50.00 dollars. That included his hood, heater, and pump with some decorations and substrate. Thought it was a pretty good deal.

Anyway, I was originally going to do a FW tank of Tangs but backed out of that idea and decided to go more interactive with my tank and do saltwater. I am brand new and still have the 55 setting on my floor, waiting to be setup. I just do not want to jump into this without the proper knowledge of how to do it correctly.

I need to know all of the equipment that I will need and any other good advice that can be given. I sure do appreciate your time!

Thanks much,

Charlie P.S. I really want to get a dwarf lion fish
and maybe a Huma Trigger. What do
you think? Any other additions?

Last edited:

weasle

Small Fish
Oct 22, 2002
the seaclone is a very good skimmer. as for setting up and such, there are MANY posts on here about that just search through and read as much as possible here and anywhere you can.

JasonF

Small Fish
Jun 22, 2003
UK
Visit site
I have a seaclone, the good news is it can be sat in the sump, which is ideal to keep it out of the way..

No idea how well it works as I am currently cycling, but at the end of the day there is no scum floating on the top of my tank so I guess it could be worse.

The airline is a bit salty already though, but I guess that is common enough.