New Addition

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
I went to the LFS to replace my cleaner shrimp but they didn't have any. So I got this frag instead. It's a brown Acropora I think. It was only 15, but there is a small white spot on it. Should it be ok? It also came with a little white crab can you find it? Think it'll be ok with it?

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
sweet thats an acro crab .... ive read that you should leave him where he is if you try to move him he'll most likley die...hes harmless..not sure about the white spot though

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
btw i see that coraline starting on your rocks thats new growth no?? thats exactly what im getting in my 10 gallon right now its even starting to grow on the crappy hob filter i have on there wich i was guna take out till i noticed the coralin *crazysmil

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Geek, try a montipora digitata.....I don't think you can kill it. I broke a couple of branches on mine while cleaning and stuck them in the rock until I could figure out what to do with them and now I have it everywhere. Almost as bad as xenia for spreading.......That and a piece acropora formosa....or balli slimer....these are easy starter sps.....

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
Lorna said:
Geek, try a montipora digitata.....I don't think you can kill it. I broke a couple of branches on mine while cleaning and stuck them in the rock until I could figure out what to do with them and now I have it everywhere. Almost as bad as xenia for spreading.......That and a piece acropora formosa....or balli slimer....these are easy starter sps.....

Hmmm, Thanks for the ideas Lorna. I have T-5 lighting so I dont think that will be a problem. I just hear that SPS are 'harder'.