new betta flame

Katome556

Large Fish
Oct 16, 2006
Russell,Kansas
well i was at wal-mart and i seen a super heathy and cute betta flareing at another betta,he has a dark black body with red fins and blue tips on his fines, he almost looks like a flag.I've named him Flame.

i was wondering what i should look out for like illness and such?

this is my first betta from wal-mart so i'm being extra careful.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2006
NS, Canada
Sounds like a cute betta! Congrats on saving him from the evils of Wal-Mart! I haven't personally had too many problems with mine from there, but I know too many horror stories to be confident about them. Just keep him in very clean water for awhile and watch out for stuff like clamped fins, very thin body/very fat tummy, cloudy eyes or any strange colourations anywhere on the body. That's all I can really say without a pic, just listing some common problems with new bettas coming from (possibly) bad conditions.

Congrats on the new addition!

Katome556

Large Fish
Oct 16, 2006
Russell,Kansas
i'm actully saving for a camera so probly with in the next week or two their may be pics of him.^-^

Also he looks a pretty normal weight and ate when i brought him home =D,i checked for clamped fins and cloudy eyes before and after i bought him also as a good sign he was heathy he was flareing at another betta at wal-mart.

Katome556

Large Fish
Oct 16, 2006
Russell,Kansas
he's going to be moved into a 1 gal tank tomarrow,right now he's in about a half a gal of water in his wal-mart container where i changed half his wal-mart water with water i had at home already prepared a day in advanced.I don't want him going into large tank shock or water shock.I said in my sig he's in the 1 gal cause he will be.