New Betta

Limi310

Superstar Fish
Nov 30, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Just wanted to share...............I came across a cheap eclipse 5 gal hex and thought it would make a perfect home for a betta. So I am now a proud new betta owner :D .
I must admit, I was never too 'into' this fish, but after joining MFT and reading about them and seeing others' pictures, I really do think they are a great fish! He seems very happy in his new digs. I am going to make it a planted aquarium and I've already 'borrowed' a few plants from my 10gal. It's funny because the betta seems to really enjoy the java moss...he kind of hangs out in it.
Here are a few pics. The water is still a little cloudy from the Onyx sand. Enjoy!

Limi310

Superstar Fish
Nov 30, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Thanks everyone :) I'll post more pics in a couple weeks when the plants start to fill in some. It really was amazing to watch him 'come alive' as soon as he was moved out of the cup :)

Big Vine

Elite Fish
Feb 7, 2006
Florida
Limi310,

Your tank looks awesome! Kudos to you for providing such a nice home for the betta. It's amazing how even a fairly simple decorative arrangement can make a small tank like that look so beautiful.
Nice work! :)

Big Vine