new betta

Feb 10, 2006
Bay Area, CA
Hey betta/gourami people,

I was thinking about starting a brand new betta tank. Here are the ideas I've come up with. Its open to change and recommendation of products.

Teal male betta
Dark or natural colored gravel (maybe something soft)
2.5 G tank (something rather small)
Throw in my spawn-happy ramshorn snail
a nice fake plant

*thumbsups

Sep 2, 2005
North East Philly
silk plants

Sounds good so far. I don't recomend getting anything smaller then 2.5 gallons. Get maybe a couple of silk plants. (plastic can tear the finnage) I suggest a little cave. My Betta loves splunking;) the better you decorate, the happier your fish will be.

pigs_fly

Large Fish
Jan 24, 2006
Texas
I would agree on what sweetvegan suggested on trying to stay away from something smaller than a 2.5. Small tanks can be really hard to manage, just ask me about my countless fiascos :eek:

My beatiful betta is in a 1.5gal for right now, but as soon as this semester is over, im gonna try to transfer him over to an empty 10gal that my family has - I'm gonna make him a little jungle and all that fun stuff, i want to get him some ADF buddies too :p

Good luck and show us some pictures when you finally bring him home!!

Feb 10, 2006
Bay Area, CA
Sure thing! I will take pictures when I bring him home. It'll be atleast 1 more month untill I actually do the project. Still I'll be thinking and daydreaming in the mean time.

A cave sounds rather cool. I bet he'd enjoy it too. I think I'll also add a ADF.

pigs_fly

Large Fish
Jan 24, 2006
Texas
Ya, oh my gosh, i have so many ideas for my up and coming 10 gallon! I want to put in some caves and whatnot, and I'm even thinking of trying to work with some live plants....I cant wait to spoil little Flounder *BOUNCINGS He just deserves the best! And, I think I'll try an ADF as soon as i get my boy's flukes cleared up :eek: Hope you have way too much fun getting your tank set up! (I know I am *SUPERSMIL )