new betta...

Jun 8, 2003
canada
clix.to
I got a betta as a gift for my boss's going away (She's leaving for her leave to have her baby) gift, her I wanted to make sure it's going to live, before giving it to her..

But the poor thing isn't doing much of anything right now. He's in the 10 gallon that's been empty for a while now cycling.. Do you think this is just an ajustment period for him from the small ass container he was in to this big aquariam?

He's not swimming around much at all, and he is trying to hide everywhere.. Do you think i should put some decorations with him so he can hide in them ?

thanks

Iggy

Superstar Fish
Jun 25, 2003
Leduc, AB, Canada
Visit site
My guess is it that he is getting his fins back in shape. Both my males were a little lethargic the first few days. Also, 10gal is a pretty big space, they like to guard there territory, so he might be a little stressed for a while till he gets more comfortable.

Do you know where she will be keeping him? I always suggest a 2gal hex for my friends.

Jun 8, 2003
canada
clix.to
This betta is doing much better now. However I have am going to keep him now lol.

He is still in the 10 gallon until I find a smaller home for him.. Maybe i'll get lucky and get another five gallon at a yard sale

angie

Iggy

Superstar Fish
Jun 25, 2003
Leduc, AB, Canada
Visit site
I just picked up a NEW 10gal complete kit (2 days old) for about $20USD... lots of good deals at garage sales. I plan on using it as a breeder tank for Rigel and Reena, once I am properly setup with food and containers for the fry babies :)

Jun 8, 2003
canada
clix.to
Today there were 2 10 gallon aquariams for sale. But they looked old and the people wanted 30 each for them. I have bought all my other ones (except two) at yard sales. Now I just need something just right for fuji..

Iggy

Superstar Fish
Jun 25, 2003
Leduc, AB, Canada
Visit site
obloom, you sure can. I just picked one up (10gal) that was practically new for about 1/2 the price.

My 3gal was also used for $4.00 with $40.00 in extra supplies (nets, medications, etc)

My 2gal and other 3gal were NEW unused from the bargain finder classifieds ad. Paid $20.00 and $15.00 for both.

While it is still summer, go out there on the weekends and ask "Do you have any fish tanks", sometimes they dont put them in the garage, so be sure to ask. My 10gal purchase, they were not planning on selling it but her husband did not want to move it, so I got it for a real deal!