new bubble wall question

bsmall05

Large Fish
Nov 8, 2006
Newport News, VA
along with some other nifty stuff i got a bubble wall for my 10g tank for christmas. i was due for a MWC and emptied about 80%, rinsed the bubble wall and stuck it to the bottom of the back wall. i have sand in my tank, and it is usually cloudy after a big water change, but i think that the movement created by the bubble wall is causing the cloudiness to persist. my question is... are bubble walls and sand substrate not compatible? or should i just wait and see if things settle. i would hate to take out the bubble wall, my guppies love it and the loaches snake in and out of the bubbles. any suggestions?

Jayrod7

Large Fish
Dec 1, 2005
Omaha, Nebraska
tropicalfish said:
you could put it higher above the sand...
yea i would recomend doing that, i have a bubble wall that i use in my 5 gallon breeder tank. i leave the bubble out putter thing.....sorry dont know the name for it (the rocky part that the bubbles come from) i just leave that above the subtrate and no probs for me, leave the stand under the subtrate to keep it down.

bsmall05

Large Fish
Nov 8, 2006
Newport News, VA
thanks everyone for the help! i checked it out this morning and all of the cloudiness is gone!! i think it just needed more time to settle because of the extra movement in the water. the guppies are having a blast!! hehe.