new corals from the frag swap!

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
i just got home from my reef clubs semi annual frag swap.... i got soo much stuff from zoos and rics to sps! ill take pics as soon as i get everything in the tank and glued down ;)

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
first heres a blue polyp acro that was only $10! its a pretty decent size too so i couldnt belive the price

heres a pink mille that was only $10 as well ;)

idaho grape monti $20 ... they had cheaper ones but i wanted a nice size (pics dont show the true color)

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
not from the frag swap but heres a yellow tang i picked up last week

and i noticed these snails eggs a few days ago...well have to see where that goes

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
im happy with the zoos but i have over 20 differant kinds n they get kinda boring after a while... now ricordea thats a whole nother story! can never have to many of those lol

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Zoas are fun, but yes, they can get a little boring. I think I like my palys a lot better... they're bigger and show a feeding response, so they're more "fun."

Rics seem to take forever to grow, but the colors are really pretty, even in the more common colors.

I think those might have been snail eggs in your sump, possibly cerith eggs (or maybe nassarius).

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
paly stands for Palythoa.... just like zoanthids only bigger... sun coral look cool but its a pain to have to remove them to feed each time! id rather just admire them in other tanks but not for mine :p and lotus yes u r right there cerith eggs