new critters

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
jsut picked up 2 turbo snails an emerald crab and a berried pepermint shrimp. home she don't drop her eggs cause it would be cool have more. but I needed these guys. got some algae issues as well as some of those brown anenomies. forget what they are called but got some stuff to take care of it now lol.

ryanm19

Medium Fish
Feb 6, 2008
Lawrence, KS
i assume your talking about aiptasia. im also dealing with a bit of an aiptasia problem. ive bought 4 peppermint shrimp and they just ignore the weed. i got some aiptasia x which is helping. hope your shrimp does its job and good luck with the battle.

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
The baby shrimp won't make it a day in the system if they hatch at all.. The brown thing is prob apista and it's hit or miss that the shrimp will touch it.. If you have a lot of em I'd buy some joes juice.. Awesome stuff!!

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
peppermint shrimp doing it's job and one hell of a job at that. aptasia is nearly gone in the tank or at least from where I can see it. as for the green algea the snails are working on it slowly but it's getting cut down. but my emerald crab seems to be more interested in my coraline algea then anything which I think is a bit odd.

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
lol no, emerald crabs really do eat coralline, good amounts at that. especially once your tank runs out of other tasty algaes for it to eat. so keep him well fed with dried seaweed sheets when all the nuisance algae is gone.