new fish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 15, 2005
Port Dover Ontario
ok i got a flame scallop today and a clown that the guy said is a black percula but i cant find anything it looks like a saddleback and then it said that i got a japanese dwarf butterfly fish but i cant find anything on the last two do you know what they are and where i can get info on them

Nov 15, 2005
Port Dover Ontario
ok i found out that the clown is a black sadddleback its very neat and then i saw that the flame scallop is difficutl to take care of but they guy at the fish store said that it eats the filter feeder food i got is this right but then for the oh whops i put butterfly i meant a japanese dwarf angelfish have any of you heard of this and have a site that has a pic of one i want to know what it is

Nov 15, 2005
Port Dover Ontario
i dont get you arsegos people actually explain thing s too me you just think you know everything and you dont you sadi my anemones were goin to die and thyre fine so your wrong so id shut up and less youve seen my fricken tank and can tell me for sure if not explain youe self or shut up

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
fish chaser... aresgod is one of the first poeple on this forum i would go to for help. he knows alot about salt water and if i were you would actualy listen to him. and it sounds to me that the poeple at your lfs are full of it. they are trying to sell you things that they know might not do good.

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
3 weeks is by no means a long life for an anemone considering they live for hundreds of years in the wild...as far as the flame scallop it will likely die given time...they do not tend to feed well no matter what the lfs tells you.

no idea on the angelfish

i hope your clowns don't fight and kill each other

Fishchaser, wether you believe Aresgod or not, you have been advised by others... The people I consider to be the "salt barons" around here, including 1979, S.Reef, and Wayne(among others) have all advised you. If you don't believe what they tell you, you might as well give up now, because you won't find better advice than what they can offer. Anywhere.

Edit: After reading what you just posted there, then don't listen to us. Listen to the LFS, just don't tell us about it when everything goes south and you go back to said LFS for more creatures. They'll be pleased, I'm sure.

Last edited:

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
Then please, stop posting and asking for advice if you aren't going to take it.

No one here want's to help someone who doesn't want to help themselves. One of the key's to responsible fish keeping is to not go out and just buy whatever you want too when the mood strikes.

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
A japanese dwarf angel is centropyge interruptus... try googling that for more info. Very pretty angel.

There is such a thing as a black percula, liveaquaria.com has them occasionally (of course not now...).

Nov 15, 2005
Port Dover Ontario
i checked out the black percula and mine is definitly that not a saddleback but i look at that japanese dwarf and mine is very different its the same body structure but its top fin is yellow its body is light blu with a black and blue tail and a blue line over its eyes i know some angels change colour does this one and is this the colour it chages to or wil it change to the colour in those pics

Status
Not open for further replies.