New Fish!!!

jondub

Medium Fish
Mar 19, 2006
Texas
So today I added 5 black neon tetras and 2 dwarf frogs to my tank. I know that is quite a few fish with my betta also, but it was the last 5 black neons they had and I could not split them up. Everyone is getting along fine and my betta Gunner seems to like messing with the tetras as far as he will swim up next to them but not chase them. I think it is goin to all work out fine.

Dragon

Small Fish
Mar 12, 2006
Tennessee
The new fish sound great! =) I am actually thinking about adding five Neons as well to my 9 gallon with my Betta in about a month. I'm glad to hear they're all getting along!

Best of luck! =)

jondub

Medium Fish
Mar 19, 2006
Texas
Wow...my betta just attacked one of my frogs who was trying to breath. Is this normal. I think they may have just startled each other but I am not sure. It was kinda funny but not at the same time.

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
When I moved my betta into the tank with the frog, he watched him very carefully and flared at him a few times, but never went after the frog. I think it's just something so totally different they need to check it out and make sure it isn't going to hurt them or steal females ;).

jondub

Medium Fish
Mar 19, 2006
Texas
I hope so, I think the frog may be a little freaked buy he should be fine. It was more like a love pat but still enough to send the frog jetting for the botton.

Big Vine

Elite Fish
Feb 7, 2006
Florida
Yeah, it should grow back just fine.
I'd say the neon might be in trouble if it were a regular neon (since you just recently added them to the tank and they're probably a little stressed), but the black ones seem to be a lot more robust. Just keep an eye on it, and if fin-nipping turns into outright bullying, you'll probably need to take action and move some fish around at that point.

Big Vine

jondub

Medium Fish
Mar 19, 2006
Texas
I am really likin the way it turned out, except now I am goin to remodel next week. My roomie really likes the way my turned out so we set his up tonite, except with diff. landscape and I love the way it looks. So now I have to redocorate to keep up with him. Expect more pics of both of our tanks.