NEW FISH

May 14, 2006
Palatine,IL
I just went and got my water tested and bought my first two fish. I got 2 clown fish that are pretty small. I also got 4 hermit crabs and 3 snails to clean the algae that I have on my rock.

I accumulated them right and they are doing just perfect right now. They are slowly moving from spot to spot throughout the tank and getting used to it. I left the light off but my light is on in the room.

It's so exciting.

Sep 26, 2006
New Jersey
umm i've turned my lights back on a few hours later once i see the fish swimming and not so stressed so i mean if they look happy and not hiding then maybe turn the lights on for alittle bit that way incase they are stessed that they aren't running into things maybe you could try feeding them
JMO
Hope that helps

theyre going to have to deal with the light some day... id just turn it on and off according to your regular schedule.

P.s. its easier if you tell people if you live in central, mountain etc time. or just say how long the fish have been in the tank. it may even end up that your state is in 2 different time zones, like florida. that could get confusing...

Sep 26, 2006
New Jersey
humm do you know what they fed them at the store? because i when i bought my cromis they wouldn't eat flake foods so for a couple weeks i had to feed them frozen foods until they got used to flakes but it also could be they're scared still