New fish

Limi310

Superstar Fish
Nov 30, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Nice :D Yours looks a heck of a lot better then mine. I got mine a week ago and he's in a QT tank, but he's super pale and almost greyish and skittish. He hardly comes out of hiding. He seems to be eating, but I'm hoping he comes around.

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
i got home lastnight and i think he has ich :( , i cut off all flow into the sump and put him down there. going to wait and see here when i turn the lights on if it looks like it or if its sand on him

azfishgal

Large Fish
Dec 3, 2006
Arizona USA
i got home lastnight and i think he has ich :( , i cut off all flow into the sump and put him down there. going to wait and see here when i turn the lights on if it looks like it or if its sand on him
In all honesty I wouldn't be surprised, especially with it coming from Petco. I QT all fish for at least three weeks, and though I did get my clowns at Petco they came down with ich 2 1/2 weeks into QT. Luckily they were not in my DT and I started a 3 week Hypo treatment on them. Good luck and I really hope it's not ich, if so, then you know you DT has it and the only way to get rid of it is to Hypo all fish in a QT and leave your DT fishless for 6 weeks. Not what you want to hear but it's the truth. :(

Limi310

Superstar Fish
Nov 30, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Yep...a good reason to QT right off the bat. It's more of a P.I.T.A NOT to QT then it is to do it. When I got my coral beauty he was fine in QT for a week then during the second week got ick really bad and I hypo'd him. I'm pretty sure he had velvet too but all is well now.
Hopefully it works out for you and it's not ich, but really.....with all the money that is spent on our displays, not to mention the health of your fish, it's silly not to.