New Girl Betta!

BettaLove

Large Fish
Jan 19, 2006
Well, I just went to Wal-Mart to buy dog food and as I was leaving the "Pet" aisle, I saw fish. Those poor fish. They had 20 Bettas is cups with an inch of water in them. Believe me, I had not intention of buying another Betta, but I felt so bad for them and had to rescue one! I know, I know, I was just promoting the sale of fish at Wal-Mart when I bought her, but I couldn't help it. I did complain to one of the employees in the "pet" department and the person said they would tell the "manager". Of course, the "manager" was no where to be found. Anyway, her name is Fran and she is absolutely beautiful. I am going to post a picture of later on this afternoon for you all. They had some really pretty males also. It is just such as shame the condition they were in; if they can't take care of the fish, why sell them? I know-$$$$$$$$$-that is all they care about!*ALL*

Nov 27, 2005
Whenever I'm in the fish part of Wal-mart I look for an employee to yell at. They are never around be. It's so cruel to see more dead fish in the tanks than living ones. And the living ones are eating the dead ones just to survive 'cause they probaly don't even get fed.

jade71301

Large Fish
Jan 26, 2006
Quebec, Canada
I agree totally that walmart don't take care of their fish. I am angry with my local pet store owner. I went to look at the betta fish and there was a sick betta in the tank with other betta fish seperated by a divider. I told the owner and he was like ya I know he is fine thats why he is by himself. ya by himself you consider the divider section by himself. He seemed so rude. No wonder all the fish I used to buy from him died a week or 2 after.

pigs_fly

Large Fish
Jan 24, 2006
Texas
hey Jade, when do we get to see a pic of your Flounder? I have a Flounder too, im in love, hes so amazing and beautiful!! ;) *beaming with motherly love*