new guys tank

Xeruf

Small Fish
Nov 19, 2006
Click the first pic to see a low quality vid of my tank

You can see how the left side is more Actinic cuz of the 13000k metal halaide light I added.
Once the other one goes I'll be adding another 13000k one, I like how everything looks more uv black light reactive.
And my pulsating xenais seem to like it on that side too:D
The Xenias look smaller cuz I had the grow lights off for a couple of hrs b4 deciding to take a pic to post here

Xeruf

Small Fish
Nov 19, 2006
saltwater4life said:
NICE! i love look at other peoples tanks just gives me hundreds of ideas but why no sand?
and are those scratches on the top left
I got minimum sand in the main tank so that the bio material doent build up too much, its easyer for the crabes to run arround and clean the tank... I got 95% of my sand in my sump for calcifying

Xeruf

Small Fish
Nov 19, 2006
Dadstank said:
I like the dwarf flame angel... neat fish
Would you be willing to sell a zenia frag?
Nice tank
Ya my Xenas are kinda over growing, but it wouldent be worth buying some from me, I live in canada. and it would probibly die in transport.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
You should really change out both bulbs at the same time that way they burn in at the same rate. The mh bulbs spectrum changes as they burn in. At least that is what I have read......

Your tank looks good, how long have you had it up and running? can you post a stocking and equipment list.....just curious.....thanks!

Dadstank.....I have a huge colony of pulsing xenia that I will be thinning out soon......and would gladly send you some....

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
btw that blue fin damsel in the last pic watchout they can become very ugly very fast and mean too ... lol at first they look cool (great for cycling) but when mines got big he turned all black:eek: and has becoome huge

Last edited:

FWSWBW

Medium Fish
Nov 19, 2006
tennessee
Lorna said:
You should really change out both bulbs at the same time that way they burn in at the same rate. The mh bulbs spectrum changes as they burn in. At least that is what I have read......

Your tank looks good, how long have you had it up and running? can you post a stocking and equipment list.....just curious.....thanks!

Dadstank.....I have a huge colony of pulsing xenia that I will be thinning out soon......and would gladly send you some....
Hey Lorna...I live in E tn. not too far from you, I would love a couple of stalks, I's of coarse pay for all shipping and materials. They want 100 bucks here at the LFS for about a walnut size bunch of them..whew they are on something! They also are plegued with Aptasia..yikes. Let me know*BOUNCINGS

Xeruf

Small Fish
Nov 19, 2006
SALTY WATERS said:
Where abouts in Canada ? just curious as I'm in Waterloo, Ontario.

Nice pics by the way!
Calgary alberta. sorry for hte long reply, I was working out of town till today

Xeruf

Small Fish
Nov 19, 2006
Mushroomman said:
Neat. Forgive me if Ive missed it, but could you give us some equiptment specs?
nothing too hardcore, 180gallon tank with overflows, to a 50 gallon sump that has a 20gallon skimmer, and then metalhalide lighting system along with a 48" flaurecent system.

i dont know the names sence I bought my system second hand a few months ago.