new here and i know nothing

mandakay

Small Fish
Feb 9, 2006
southren KY
hi, my names Manda and i am from southren Kentucky. i have had fish when i was a kid but they all would die a month after i got them, so i gave up.
well i have been researching a bit, and i found out all the things i was doing wrong. now i want to try again! i hope you guys can help me, i know next to nothing. i know a bit about cycling. but thats about it. i am having trouble finding useful websites!!!!

Big Vine

Elite Fish
Feb 7, 2006
Florida
Manda,

Welcome to the forum!

mandakay said:
i know next to nothing
Hehe...didn't we all at one point? ;)

mandakay said:
well i have been researching a bit, and i found out all the things i was doing wrong. now i want to try again!
Learning from mistakes is what we all do here to one extent or another. As long as we learn from them and don't repeat them, then we're well on our way to success!
Sounds to me like you're approaching things with the right attitude. I'm glad that you didn't let your first experiences with fish-keeping prevent you from trying again.

Check out the the sticky threads in the various sections of the forum (at the top of each page)---especially the one related to the beginner's section, and then you'll be well on your way to being a successful aquarium hobbyist!

Best of luck to you!

Big Vine

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
Welcome :) I agree with checking out the stickies, especially the ones at the top of the freshwater beginner's forum for cycling info and how to set up a successful tank.