New in reef

Sep 28, 2009
Alma, Québec
Hi everyone,

It's the first time i'm building a reef. I am experimented with freshwater but i always dreamed of a reef.

I purchased the Red Sea Max 130D. I know it has serious limitations but with a Tunze nano stream 6025 and nano skimmer 9002 it runs smoothly. And with a cover mod it will be great. We are near freezing point here outdoors and temp is already a problem! I added 45 lbs of african liverock and 4" aragonite sand.

I will surely add an algae scrubber: (click the link)
http://www.myfishtank.net/forum/saltwater-general-discussion/54076-mega-powerful-nitrate-phosphate-remover-diy.html
I've read the 51 pages and was amazed! In my modest opinion, i can't not have this scrubber.

My reef is 29 days old now, and there's no words to describe what i see, it's 100x better than what i tought. I have two clams, about 1/2 inch each: they spread some sort of small black filters. my wife seen a tiny purple crab. I have many filter worms, their filters increase lightly in size over time. I seen many other lifeforms, it helps me to be patient.

I will soon add an ATO diy and a kalk reactor diy. My water parameters are stable except for dkh who tends to decrease, i'm waiting for calcium hydroxyde.

I will post some photos soon!