new lighting in the mail!!!

se7en2686

Medium Fish
Jul 24, 2011
Richfield Ohio
So ive got a 29G planted tank. Mostly Amazon Swords and some floating water cabbage as well as Java moss as soon as it comes in the freakn Mail!...>.> anyway i want to do way more color in my tank as well as some flowering plants...so i found a t5 Ho 4 bulb fixture has 96 watts so ill be just a shade over 3wpg when its all on but i can tone it down if i end up over lighting...Cant wait to get it ill post pics
when it gets here... Just excited!!!!!!!! lol

se7en2686

Medium Fish
Jul 24, 2011
Richfield Ohio
well the fert i use was Flourish but now im trying API Plant flood. just cause the wife bought the wrong one at the store LOL. no shame it seems to be working. I have a DIY 2 two liter bottles co2. untill i can get a "Real" one. nothing agenst the DIY its just a pain in my bum to mix the crap. i also use a tiny amount of API co2 booster not as much as the
Bottle says to use but just a smidge lol. prolly not the ideal set up but its my first and im doing alot of trial n errors

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
Depending on the reflectors, that's going to give you a good deal of light. Your going to want to either look into getting some plants that will use up nutrients, or really tone down that light. You don't need anywhere near that much for the plants you listed. If you don't that can lead to a tank full of algae before you know it. The floating plants will help some.

se7en2686

Medium Fish
Jul 24, 2011
Richfield Ohio
yea i know. as i stated i want alot more plants. Id like to get some flowering ones and more color. i really like the plants i have and dont plan on losing them but i want just more lol i love the way they look. but yea the light i got can run 2 lights or all 4 at the same time. so if i want to cut the watts in half i just flip a switch . but i got it as it was in the
same price range as most 2 bulb t5 ho fixtures. figure when i need the extra light ill have it. and it came with all 4
light bulbs plus 4 night time blue leds was like 65$ shipped couldnt beat it.