New lyretail anthias!

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
I got four lyretail anthias today. I'm assuming one will turn male at some point. They're small right now, maybe 1.5".

Some crappy pixellated pics that don't nearly do justice to how gorgeous these fish are:

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
I'm really happy with them so far. I acclimated them for two hours, then put them in the Q-tank. Fifteen minutes later, I put some brine shrimp in there to see if they'd eat, and they did! They looked a little pale in the bag when we got home, but seem to have colored up well already. :D The photo was about 10 minutes after they ate.

I'll try to get some better pics tomorrow, lights are off now.

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Unfortunately, two and a half weeks into quarantine, they're getting ich. Water parameters are fine, but I guess something stressed them. So, I'm going with hypo. Started lowering salinity this evening. I did notice they didn't look as colorful the other day, and today I noticed some spots, dammit.

I was so looking forward to having them in the display tank, too... :(

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Unfortunately, one of them didn't make it. Following the first water change, he was sitting on the substrate. About 12 hours later he died :(

The other three are swimming around and eating like pigs. They're still pale, and the spots are still on there. Salinity is down to 1.017, and I'll drop it down a bit more over the next few days.