New pleco and 15 gallon tank

Katome556

Large Fish
Oct 16, 2006
Russell,Kansas
Well their was a picture of this little pleco and his 15 gallon tank on a gas stations bullition him and his tank were free so i got my dad to get it for me.It's been a week since then and i thought i'd ask if it'd be ok to keep him in the 15 gallon for at least 3 months 5 at the most,Also i've kept an eye on the tank and it seems to be cycled i do twice weekly water changes on it.Also i don't think i'll add any other fish in the tank unless my minnows would be ok in it cause it does seem kinda stocked if not overstocked with just the little pleco .

^Oh and the pleco is a clown pleco *like omg another one*

I did'nt want to say anything when i got this tank cause the pleco was super skinny and i didn't think he'd live through the week but now he's normal weight and happy.

Last edited:

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
The clown should do well in your 15 gallon, When i first started fish keeping I had a clown in a 10 and he did fine, hid alot but was a happy and healthy fish.

Dan Steveo

Large Fish
Apr 1, 2006
South England UK
awww clown plecs are sooo cute. i have one... its in my pic. since i added the new cave 2 weeks ago i have only seen him once. when i turned the lights on he was swimming for the cave at the back, as fast as he could.
good luck with the fishkeeping and look after little clowny...