New rocks :)

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
shipping was included in the price..only took 20 pounds/80$ total of nui and 2 tonga branch. I ordered it via a guy here, he ordered a big shipment and 20 pounds came to my door directly the day he received it. I asked him for 12-13 pounds but he gave me more so..that's why the 4$/pound..a very cool
deal. Was kind of a one shot deal but..for a little more you can get the same rock at ReefSolution Magasin En Ligne: Live Rock -Tonga ''Nui''- (+30Lb)

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
Idunnowhy>> this rock has very cool shapes ( i took the pics on the wrong side ) and they can stick togheter easiliy. They have a lot of stuff on it, wich i really like. The only thing is..it's not as porous as other HQ rocks so it's kinda heavy.

IDunnoWhy

Superstar Fish
Nov 16, 2006
Deerfield, WI
Idunnowhy>> this rock has very cool shapes ( i took the pics on the wrong side ) and they can stick togheter easiliy. They have a lot of stuff on it, wich i really like. The only thing is..it's not as porous as other HQ rocks so it's kinda heavy.
It certainly looks cool! Forgive the newb question but, what kind of rock is it? :eek:

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
coolwaters : yes there is die-off...but the rock doesn't smell so bad. I've put 50% of the rock in the sump, after a powerhead/toothbrush clean of what could have been rotting outside. I already have 130 pounds of rock and there is no noticeable ammonia.. in a 113g of water ..just to be cautious i added a polyfilter pad to remove all sort of crap...plus it changes color if there is ammonia. So..the 2 damsels are in the tank, but the whole thing isn't really cycling. For that low % of new rock it's safe.

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
KahluaZzZ u have a chiller right? lol dont think a PC fan can bring the temp. down that much.

where i live the tank doesnt get pass 81 degrees last week it hit 82 but im ok with that....but about a month ago we had a heat wave for 2 days and the tank was 84...good thing nothing died...