new stocking plans

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
ok i traded in all of my hatian rock (about 100 lbs) back to the lfs for a store credit and now im trying to decide how to spend all the $$$ i was guna just trade my hatian in and use the store credit towards some nice figi but when i saw they were charging $8.99 per lb i figured id find a better deal online as far as rock goes.... i think im guna just spend it all on restocking the 125g (since im also trading in all the fish from that tank) these are my plans for stocking tell me if you see anything wrong with it

purple tang
naso tang
pair of percs
watchman goby
fire fish
and possibly a pair of bangia cardinals down the road

ive already got the goby,firefish,and 1 perc so the only fish ill be looking to get will be the tangs and 1 more perc

this will all be in my 125g reef with the 55g sump underneath

Last edited:

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
dam thats a lot for fiji rocks...i can get them on-line for $2.50 a lb to the door...(assuming i buy over 45 lbs, more the cheaper)

for the bangia cardinal iv seen my lfs keep then in a 90g hex tank. their going just fine.

is your 55g sump running ok?

hey btw how much store credit do u have? i would buy a boat load of coral XD

TheFool

Large Fish
Apr 19, 2006
That's a lot of tangs in a 125, especially as the nasos get quite big, and are abit similar to a poweder brown. I would keep just the other two

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
That's a lot of tangs in a 125
to be quite honest i expected to hear that :p but i hadnt thought about the powder brown and the naso looking alike :eek: i know with the purple tang your not suposed to keep any similar shape tangs... and with the naso and powder brown u should keep only 1 per tank..... hmmm any other thoughts??

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
i would have said that it's a lot of tang too, but since my buddy has a 120g with 4 large tangs in it...i dunno anymore ;) they get along just fine...weird .
Beside stress/territoriality issues, consider a super sump or good % water change..cause tangs eat a lot/crap a lot...can get pretty messy.