So ive this new tank up and running for a while now and the contents are:
2 plecos
2 albino tiger barbs
2 pictus cats
2 pangasius catfish
3 peppered corys
1 peacock eel.

So I have a couple questions.

The peacock eel. He is out a lot, i assume looking for food because I have yet to see him eat. He obviously wasnt eating the flakes at first so I did some research and went out and got shrimp pellets, which arent being eaten by anything, and frozen beefheart which is just consumed by the pictus and corys, but possibly by him because large chunks dissappear at night. So im wondering what he would eat hastily, or definately.

Another question is that as i have mostly catfish, my tank looks pretty empty. Im looking for some kind of schooling or tank filling fish that could also get along with the variety of growing, and somewhat aggressive fish in the tank now.

Thanks for any help possible.

Cas

Medium Fish
Jan 10, 2007
Neons are great although they might get eaten by the big fish. What about Pristella Tetras they are probably big enough to hold their own but mine are always up and about, as are my platies and hrlequins (althopugh the harlequins would probably be eaten by teh bigger fish too I imagine)

Cas :D

Cas

Medium Fish
Jan 10, 2007
What about angels and discus they are big, angels can get a lil aggressive I've heard they will fit in lol

S-kate

Large Fish
Oct 21, 2005
Ithaca, NY
You're maxed out. The adult sizes of your fish add up to about 80", meaning you'd need 80 gallons just to house the fish you have now. If you add anymore you will run into problems when they grow bigger.

Cas

Medium Fish
Jan 10, 2007
Yeah I looked up that catfish it can grow around a metre, or over 3 feet! Which means your tank is way too small. They can grow to a smaller length howver if kept on their own at a young age. Which means you probably need to get some fish out of their over putting more in. How old/big are your catfish now?

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
If I were you, I'd return the iridescent sharks (I think the stores started calling them pangasius cats so that people wouldn't realize they're iridescent sharks), and get 3-4 more tiger barbs. The tiger barbs will feel more comfortable in a school and give you something more up in the water column, instead of all the bottomfeeders.

You could try feeding the eel at night, or just stalking the tank at night so you can see if it's him that's eating.