New tank on the way...

I just found out that I am about to acquire a used 60 gallon tank.

Now, I can think of a million and one things to do with it...that all include new fish/reptiles/what have you. What I'm wondering, though, is if I should maybe split up my current community in the 75g I have.

I have an ID Shark and Black Shark that are going to get bigger and require more personal space. Right now they haven't even reached four inches each, so they're not even close to needing it, yet...but I thought maybe they might be better in there.

I've also thought of maybe taking my sole surviving angel out and adding him in with a few other angels as a centre piece, and maybe a few dojo loaches (if I ever find them) to help keep the place lively.

Right now, though, it seems my current community is doing really well together. They all seem happy, though my Fox loves terrorizing the sharks (we'll see how well he does when they get bigger than him lol). Other than that, they're doing fine.

Any thoughts?

Seleya said:
What is the footprint of the 60? What fish do you currently have in your 75?
I don't know the exact dimensions of the 60 yet, but it's long...probably close to 4', bout a foot wide. Much like my 75.

The 75 currently has:

1 Marble Angel
1 Female Red Sword
4 Rosey Barbs (2F, 2M)
1 Silver Lyretail Molly
1 Irridescent Shark
1 Black Shark
1 Albino Rainbow Shark
1 YoYo Loach
1 Khuuli Loach
1 Clown Pleco
2 Glass Cats
2 Glass Shrimp
1 Golden Apple Snail
2 Oto Cats
1 Flying Fox

The Fox is the biggest at about four inches.

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
This is what I would do:
60G-
1 Marble Angel
1 Female Red Sword
1 Silver Lyretail Molly
1 Albino Rainbow Shark
1 Khuli Loach
1 Clown Pleco
2 Glass Shrimp
1 Golden Apple Snail
2 Oto Cats
And add a few more Khulies.

75G-
4 Rosey Barbs (2F, 2M)
1 Irridescent Shark
1 Black Shark
1 Flying Fox
2 Glass Cats
1 YoYo Loach
And then add 2 YoYos, 5 Glass Cats, and a few Barbs for color. And get a small Pleco.