NEW TANK questions and suggestions

Joeyb1731

Large Fish
Jan 20, 2009
Oceanside NY
I just got a beautiful 36 gallon bowfront with stand, I got 30 pounds of aragonite white sand. I spray painted the back of the tank from a light blue at the top to a dark dark blue at the bottom fadeing from the light to dark. I ordered a CPR Hang on Refugium with protein skimmer and seperate light. 3 powerheads, koralia # 2 # 3 and nano i also have 2 spare koralia nano powerheads. I plan on breaking down my 5 gallon nano and using the sand from that as live sand underneath the new sand I bought. I was looking for some aquascaping ideas and some suggestions on other things to get and any comments on the things im gtting*thumbsups

thanks in advance

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
so far sounds great. I am a minimalist.....i like a lighter amount of rock but really good quality south pacific rock which is more porous and has more surface area thereby letting you get away with less rock for the same filtration. That way I have less rock in the tank. I prefer a scape that has open areas for swimming with caves for hiding.....and pass throughs. I don't like to see rock just stacked up like a bunch of oranges at the grocery store.