New tank stocking

Mar 6, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Hi just wanted to get some input from others to see what they would do. Here is my new tank i want to get colorful freswater fish in this tank i have a 30 gallon up and running (5 years) this is my new 35 g. I would like to get a variety of larger colorful fish, but still put a clown loach or 2 in

thanks Jeff

Dec 23, 2005
Wisconsin
what about an all tetra tank? You could have neons, cardinals, glolight, rummynose, etc. Almost all tetras are colorful but I guess they are not as big as you want. Anyway, ya I would go with Guppy Newbe's idea with cichlids. Tonight I went to culver's and they had a 40-50 gallon tank with african cichlids in it. It was very cool.

Aug 28, 2005
Missouri, USA
Ever thought about Rainbows?

http://www.thetropicaltank.co.uk/Fishindx/rainbows.htm

I don't know what kind of fish you're familiar with, but if they're mostly peaceful community, Rainbows may be what you're looking for. Five of the seven varieties listed attain sizes of 4", up to 6".

--E.

(Hmmm... now I might have just talked myself into doing something with a 20gal I've got lying around...)

Last edited:

Seleya

Superstar Fish
Nov 22, 2004
Cape Cod, MA
Visit site
It depends so much on which rainbows you're looking at and where you're located. You may also want to check on any local fish clubs -- some members might keep/breed rainbows and also check Aquabid, if you know exactly what you'd like. Sometimes, local fish clubs even have annual auctions -- I got some amazing fish at one a couple weeks ago. :)

Mar 6, 2006
Ontario, Canada
figured it out

here is my tank that some people have been telling me to stock with rainbows which i think i will, they are a beautiful fish, but i am still open to more suggestions. i just figured out how to shrink my pics.

Attachments