New Tank

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Okay I did it....ordered this tank today. I can't wait to start putting this together.

CADLIGHTS

has anyone drilled live rock and stacked it on pvc? If so how did you do it?

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
As you know I have never stacked my LR on a piece of PVC, but when I get my new tank I will. Take plenty of pics for us, and that is a Sweettttt looking tank. What kind of lights are those and what kind of a tank are you going to put together freshwater?? Just messing with you. lol.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
thought about drilling my rocks but havnt actually done it! if you do it im definitly paying close attention lol.... looks like a very nice setup... did you look into the solana? that would be my first choice for a tank this size!

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
Very nice! Looking forward to seeing it.

I've never tried drilling, but i did use a hammer and chisel on my rock....very very easy to break a whole piece in half and was insanely soft. I would think, depending on the size of each rock, that a hole large enough for PVC will crack the rock. You might have better luck with something like base rock that has yet to become full live rock. Wish i could help more. I've seen it done on RC and it looked great.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
yes it is fully loaded. I looked at the Solana but it didn't have the specs that this one did. Also, this company has absolutely great after market support. I did a lot of reasearh on all in ones and this was the most complete set up with each piece matched. I just bought a vortech m20 for flow for it also.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Well after giving it some thought I think I am going to go minimalistic with the rock work and make it more open keeping the bulk of the rock in the fuge. I am anxious to get it going and will start a build thread when I do.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
small reef with probably a dwarf angel, shrimp goby pair and a blue spotted jawfish for starters......probably a couple small swimmers such as chromis.....

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
received 3 large boxes via fed ex yesterday......have resisted opening them until I have time to lay everything out and ensure that I have received everything. Then once I do that I will have no restraint in setting it up and I still need to paint the trim in the living room behind where the tank will sit.......so here is to restraint..... :)

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
ahhh opened all the boxes and now have stuff all over the house. Everything looks good......husband will be constructing the stand today, I hope. Then I will set the tank on it and take pics for you.