New to freshwater fish

Aug 20, 2007
I have a 10 gallon fish tank. I have some quastions for all you.

1. How many fish can i hold in a 10 gallon
2. I have a filter that i said to remove nitrite and ammonia. Does that mean i have to what until my nitrate goes down still.
3. What things do i have to test for.

seastaar88

Superstar Fish
Feb 1, 2004
middletown, CT
i suggest reading teh stickies at the top of the forum. you'll find most of your answers there! ;)

you'll still need to cycle. i suggest removing the chemical filtration from your filter (unnessesary) and just leave the biological filtration (filter floss, etc). test your water for ammonia, nitrate and nitrite. in a few weeks, you'll have 0 ammonia and 0 nitrite and some nitrates. that's when your cycle is over.

welcome to the tank :)

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
Nitrate won't go away on its own. The only way to remove it is through doing a water change. But, it's not toxic to fish like the ammonia or nitrites are, so it's okay that it builds up a little between water changes.

mka3

New Fish
Aug 27, 2007
thanx man. I can't catch it! It is always hidding, and when its on the move it is fast and gone:)
Thank you again.

mka3

New Fish
Aug 27, 2007
No.It is not hidding.
"The Bumblebee Goby is a small, often quite dormant, bottom-dwelling fish....."because of their slow and quite dormant nature"...and I was thinking that is disease all about. But this "slow" concerns me, because when I aproach to tank its gone in the seconds.
btw I'm new here
GREETINGS TO ALL FISH LOVERS!!!!!!