New to the depth

Jan 11, 2009
Oahu, the 50th state
Aloha,
My name is jerryn and it's been over 15 years since i raised fishes.Last time i was single and an avid cichlid breeder and collector.Now i'm a father of three and my little one who's 29 months old wants a fish tank so she can feed them chips ahoy and whatever goodies she like's to share.*SUPERSMILI'll be starting out small with a 15 gallon and a small community of rainbows and congo tetras.Wish me luck gang and i do hope the little ones will tolerate my energized child.

Jan 11, 2009
Oahu, the 50th state
With raised, do you mean bred? If yes, my I ask which kinds of fish? :)

Welcome to the tank! *SUNSMILE*
Thanks for asking Kissyboots.To clarify things, yes i was raising my fish as if they're my little children*SUPERSMIL
I had success with the rainbows,brichardi's and frontosa.The Cichlids were awesome to watch.Very attentive parents.By the way i had no access to a computer just books so i was blown away when it happened.:eek:

Cool. I started with swordtails and then did cories for quite some time. I also tried ghost shrimp when I found a fry floating in the tank, but he died during a water change. Now I have a couple oto fry in my 55g that are on their own since I killed off their 300+ other siblings because I fail...

If I didn't have a life full of school, I'd probably try to get my GBRs to breed. But I just don't have time anymore. :(

Jan 11, 2009
Oahu, the 50th state
Hey Gang just an update.I started the tank a week and a half ago.Fishless cycle for 2 days with plants and gravel.I added 5 dwarf praecox rainbows 3 males,2 females and 3 petracola all fishes under a 1"1/4 the 2nd day.By weeks end i added 2 albino,2 sterbas corys and additional 2 females dwarf rainbows all the same sizes:eek:.All fishes are doing great *SUPERSMILMy little one has been feeding it with great enthusiasm.Just a note that when i put the fishes in the tank i added the water that the fishes came with.